The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is a significant international accounting organisation. The qualification is recognized and deemed as equivalent to the local qualification in other countries.
Even though there are many alternative courses available, acca registration in 2022 has become one of the most popular among commerce students. Because the syllabus can be combined with either a B.Com or a BBA, it provides several benefits.
ACCA Course Details
The Association of Certified Chartered Accountants is a worldwide accounting organisation.
It is relevant in every country because it is regarded as one of the most prestigious accounting qualifications.
The ACCA is a high-level professional qualification that is equivalent to completing a full university degree. It is based on the international accounting and standards of auditing and is compliant of IFAC.
The course can be taken concurrently with a student’s graduation (B.Com, BBA, etc.) or integrated into the graduating program.
It also features a very flexible test scheme, which makes it more appealing to students who are either studying or have already completed their graduation.
It consists of 13 mandatory papers that must be completed within a maximum of seven years.
The ACCA qualification is an all-in-one qualification that covers all aspects of business, including topics from MBA finance, financial statements, management accounting, business taxation, legislation, audit, and business ethics.
The curriculum is both worldwide and industry-relevant, making it an excellent foundation for students pursuing careers in accounting and finance.
ACCA Registration can be done through your institute’s website.
Before your ACCA registration, it is important that you make sure that your institute is recognized by the government of India as it will help you greatly in the placement opportunities.
Admissions based on merit
Many colleges have a step-by-step admission process:
Step 1 – Complete out and submit applications: Students must fill out the application form for their specific university – either online or offline – some universities only accept online applications, while others accept both.
Step 2 – Upload documents: Students should scan and upload all required documents for admission and verification on the admission portal after filling out all required details in the application form.
Step 3 – ACCA registration fees: Once the documents have been uploaded, students must pay the ACCA course fees, which varies by college, and they will receive their application number through SMS or email.
Step 4 – Application Analyse and Candidate Shortlisting: The university’s admissions team will review students’ applications to check if they meet the eligibility requirements, and then shortlist the students.
These students will now be invited to participate in group discussions and give individual interviews.
Step 5 – Group Discussions and Personal Interviews: Some colleges hold group discussions and personal interviews to gain a sense of the candidate’s personality and background about the university’s expectations of its students.
Admission through an Entrance Exam
The ACCA registration process for institutes that give admission based on entrance exams, such as,
- Step 1 – Fill out and submit the application forms.
- Step 2 – Add the relevant papers to your account.
- Step 3 – Paying the ACCA registration fees
- Step 4 – ACCA registration for Entrance Exam: If the university to which the student has applied does not automatically register the student for the entrance exam, the student must register well in advance of the deadline.
- Step 5 – Results of Entrance Exams and Candidate Shortlisting: The university will shortlist candidates based on their entrance exam scores. The aspirants who have been selected will be contacted for verification ahead.
- Step 6 -Personal Interviews and Document Verification: Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to this round. Students who are considered to be eligible for this course will be enrolled in this program.
What is the best way to study for these exams?
The following are some pointers to assist students to prepare for and pass their entrance exams:
Students’ knowledge and concepts maintained from grades 5 to 12 are mostly tested on these admission tests, thus they will need to review the fundamental topics to score well.
Students should attempt as many prior question papers as possible to gain the most advantage from practice.
Because students will have to answer 100 or more questions in two hours, learning how to manage time is one of the most important things they should focus on.
It is crucial to improve general knowledge abilities because most of these entrance tests require it.
Students should not use more than one book as a reference because it wastes time if they refer to many books to find only one subject.
Why should you select this course?
The following are some of the reasons to pick this qualification while pursuing graduation or after graduation:
- Having this certificate shows businesses that applicants are ACCA qualified and are capable in all scopes of business and accounting. This increases the job opportunities.
- With approximately 5,00,000 members and students in 181 countries, it is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing credentials.
- Students can choose to work in any industry of business and management with this qualification.
- Future potential with this course is wide, as it elevates students’ status in general and can even ensure that they advance to senior management roles ahead of their peers.
- The tests are held twice in a year, allowing students to work while also studying with the worldwide accounting authority.
Future Aims of the ACCA
- ACCA is expanding rapidly nationally and internationally.
- Accounting advice, risk advisory, corporate finance, audit and assurance, internal audit, taxes, and investment advisory are some of the profiles available to ACCA students in India.
- These employment offers are similar to those for Indian CAs with the same designation, profile, and salary packages.
- Students can choose to continue their education in India or overseas.