To bring the accounting standards of all the countries on a global level under a standardized purview IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) was introduced. Since, many countries are converging their accounting standards, there is increasing demand for IFRS specialists who can guide them successful implementation of the converged accounting standards.
The IFRS program (DipIFR) by the ACCA is a highly recognized program, however, requires dedicated efforts from the students to pass this examination. Following is the curriculum of the program, in case you’re keen on pursuing a specialized course –
Details of the program :
- The DipIFR can be registered for anytime on the ACCA website and once registered, one can aim to complete it online and earn the Diploma within 3-6 months.
- You only need to appear for 1 exam, which is 3 hours in duration
- The exam is held twice a year – June and December
- In order to appear for a particular session of the exam, you must ensure that the registration formalities are done 20 days before the exam (in case of postal application) or 10 days (in case of online application)
- The ACCA has around 400 exam centers across the globe, including several within India that conduct the exam
- Passing marks are 50%
- Past exam papers are available for reference
o Since the syllabus changes a lot, these should be referred to with caution
Fees (Refer website for the latest fees):
- Registration fees: GBP 211 (GBP 299 if late).
- The same amount needs to be paid again to retake the exam.
Since the passing percentages are not very high, and requires a financial investment for re-exams, it is advised that students undergo preparation of this exam full-fledged manner and then appear for the exam.