When a student put first step in the commerce education, simultaneously they set up their mind to go with Indian qualifications due to lack of knowledge or guidance about other finance courses. There are numbers of different finance programs are available globally which are more effective in getting job opportunity and financial exposure with respect to Indian qualifications. Continuing with the words, firstly, let’s have a walk through the comparison between the Indian finance qualifications and International finance qualifications.
|Criteria||Indian Qualification||Global Qualification|
|Curriculum||Curriculum designed in keeping the rules & regulation in India.||Designed to incorporate the best global practices. Further, the curriculum is updated regularly to incorporate the recent changes.|
|Passing Rate||3%-8%||40%-60%. The higher passing percentage is due to the focused nature of the courses and the flexibility provided.|
|Cost of the qualification (Exam Fee + tuition)||Rs. 1 lac to 2 lacs||Rs. 2 lacs to 3 Lacs|
|Employment opportunities||Employment opportunities are good in India especially if you are looking jobs which are required by the Statutory rules such as Taxation & Auditing. But at the same time, you will face stiff competition because large of participants applying for the same.||Employment opportunities are good, especially with MNCs, if you are looking for jobs other than in Tax & Audit. Moreover, competition among job applicants is less because lower numbers of students in India enrolling in these courses due to lack of awareness.|
|Global Acceptance||Global acceptance is low.||Due to the presence of these courses across the globe, their acceptance is high. Moreover, candidates with this qualifications are employable in most of the countries.|
|Internship||Most of the Indian qualification requires you to go through Internship. This internship duration is not considered in work experience and students are paid stipend during this period.||Students are not required to go through an internship. They have a requirement of work experience which can be fulfilled before or after completion of course. Students are paid the salary for working.|
Why have an International Qualifications in Finance specifically: CFA, CFP, CIMA:
1. Globally recognized qualifications: All the qualifications viz CFA, CIMA & CFP are recognized across the globe.
2. Specialized and focus programs: Gain specific, specialized knowledge that’s widely recognized in finance
3. Networking opportunities across the globe with all professionals: All the qualifications (CFP, CFA & CIMA) have more than 100,000 members each across the countries.
4. More employable opportunities: Growing acceptance of international qualifications in the industry due to the international & well-researched curriculum. Moreover, more than 5000 organizations are associated with CFP, CIMA & CFA Institute and give preference in recruitments.
5. Affordable qualifications: The cost of doing all the professionals’ qualification (CFP, CFA, CIMA) is between the range of 30,000 to 150,000 and average salary after completion of qualification is 7 lac.