This program is split-up into 3 levels
To be eligible to apply for The CFA® Program, you must hold a passport and one of the following:
- Hold a U.S. bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree,
– or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program ( any degree program)
– or have four years of qualified, professional work experience
– or a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years
The Program curriculum at Glance
|The CFA® Programs Topic wise weightage|
|Topic Area||Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Ethical And Professional Standards||15%||10-15%||10-15%|
|Financial Reporting And Analysis||15%||10-15%||0|
|Fixed Income||11%||10-15%||15- 20%|
|Portfolio Management||6%||5-15%||35 -40%|
Exam details & historical pass rate
|Exam||Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Morning Session||120 Questions||60 Qs in 10 Case studies||Essay type|
|Afternoon Session||120 Questions||60 Qs in 10 Case studies||60 Qs in 10 Case studies|
|Duration||3Hrs for each session||3Hrs for each session||3Hrs for each session|
|Question type||MCQ||MCQ’s based on caselet||Essay + MCQ|
|Exam Month||First week of June and December||First week of June||First week of June|
|Previous pass % 2018||43%||45%||56%|
- Location: In India, CFA Institute conducts exam for June attempt in 10 cities: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune.
- For December attempt exam is conducted in 5 cities: Bangalore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking in these exam.
- Reattempt: There is no limit on the number of attempts for re-taking the exam but exam fees is needs to be paid separately for each re-attempt.
Grading Procedure: The grading of the Program results happen on the basis of MPS ( Minimum Passing Score), after every exam a MPS is calculated based on the performance of a average candidate. Based on the MPS the student gets the result of the same.