The new course structure will consist of three specialist certifications (Tracks) which can be completed in any order and after clearing all three Tracks successfully, candidate will have to complete one capstone course for CFP certification.
|Investment Planning Specialist Certification||● Personal Financial Management
● Investment Planning and Asset Management
● Regulatory Environment, Law and Compliance
|Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Certification||● Retirement Planning
● Tax Planning and Optimization
|Risk Management and Estate Planning Specialist Certification||● Risk Management and Insurance Planning
● Estate Planning
|Certified Financial Planner Certification||● Financial Planning Principles, Process and Skills
● Integrated Financial Planning
|Investment Planning Specialist Certification
Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Certification
Risk Management and Estate Planning Specialist Certification
2 hours, 75 multiple choice questions, computer-based test for each track exam
|Certified Financial Planner Certification
|4 hours, computer-based test with case studies
|Textbook for Specialist Track course (per track)||$60||4500|
|Exam Fees for Track/Module Exams (Per exam)||$61||4575|
|Textbook for CFP Certification Track||$120||9000|
|CFP Certification Exam Fee||$122||9150|
|Student Renewal Fee (Annual)||$110||8202|
|CFP Certification Renewal Fees||$120||9000|
*Fees mentioned in INR approximate number calculated based on 1USD=75INR
There are three potential routes to fulfill the education requirement and become eligible for the exam.
1) Instructor-Led Education Route
In order to successfully complete this route, enroll with an FPSB Ltd. Authorized Education Provider.
2) Individual-Led Education Route
FPSB Ltd. provides educational materials in an online platform, including textbook content, PowerPoint outlines, quizzes, and practice tests that align to the learning objectives and prepare a learner to sit for the exam. Learners must pass the FPSB Ltd. quizzes for each chapter, as well as the post-module tests for both modules to be eligible to successfully complete the education component.
3) Education Exemption Route
Individuals may apply to FPSB Ltd. for exemption from the instructor-led or individual-led education routes. This status is granted upon proof that the individual holds any of the following linked qualifications or certifications. If this waiver is accepted, individuals may bypass the education and prove eligibility to sit for the exam by successfully passing the prequalification exam in the FPSB Ltd. online platform.
|Tracks||Instructor-Led Education Route||Individual-Led Education Route||Education Exemption Route|
|Investment Planning Specialist Certification||✔||✔||✔|
|Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Certification||✔||✔||✔|
|Risk Management and Estate Planning Specialist Certification||✔||✔||✔|
|Certified Financial Planner Certification||✔||✗||✗|
- CFP qualification in India is now directly handled by Financial Planning Standard Board Ltd. US.
- Legacy program (old ) enrollment ends on 31 May 2020 and students enrolling on or after 1 June 2020 will have to enroll in the new program.
- Important dates on which respective Tracks will be activated and students can enroll for those track :
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Certification(starting 1 June 2020)
- FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Certification (starting August 2020)
- FPSB® Risk Management and Estate Planning Specialist Certification(starting September 2020)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Certification (starting October 2020)
- Prior to apply for any certificate i.e for track exam certificate or final CFP candidate needs to pass FPSB Ltd.’s online Ethics Course