Till recently, marketing was either about newspapers/TV ads or hoardings/events. But technological revolution in last few years like mobile phones, social-media, emails, Google-Search Engine, YouTube videos, online shopping sites etc., have replaced the conventional marketing platforms. Today, this medium is growing at rate twice that of conventional media and gaining market share.
Why is Digital Marketing Growing ?
- Reach:Over 46 million Indians are using the internet. There is no other way to reach so many of them at one place.
- Customization:Digital mediums provide insights on the characteristics of your audience such as preferences, age, gender, spending pattern, etc., which enables you to customize your campaigns and target the right audience.
- Affordable:Since Digital media can target specific customers, they tend to be cost efficient compared to TV ad or print campaigns.
- Measurable: It is easier to measure performance of digital marketing activities, since all data sets can be captured real-time to gauge the effectiveness of your strategies.
- Greater engagement:Digital marketing encourages your prospective clients to engage with your brand through various activities such as visiting your website, reading about your products and services, rating them, furnishing feedback, etc.